Nowadays, the R software update on Windows is not more a boring task. The R can be easily updated with the “installr” package. Just follow these steps:
- Install the package using install.packages(“installr”)
- Load package with library(“installr”)
- Use the function updateR() to update!
The dialog box will be opened to take you through the following steps:
- It checks for a newer version of R.
- If one exists, the function will download the most updated R version and run its installer.
- Once done, the function will offer to copy (or move) all of the packages from the old R library to the new R library.
- It will then offer to update the moved packages, offer to open the new Rgui, and lastely, it will quit the old R.