PFIS-2020 / PQUI-335
Prof. Jair C. C. Freitas
1) Introduction to NMR: Nuclear paramagnetism; the NMR phenomenon; pulses, FIDs, echoes and relaxation; NMR spectroscopy; basic instrumentation.
2) Relaxation: Longitudinal relaxation; transverse relaxation; measurements of relaxation times; relaxometry; applications in low-field NMR.
3) Nuclear spin interactions: Magnetic interactions; electric interactions; homogeneous and inomogeneous interactions; anisotropy of the interactions in solids; hyperfine interactions and magnetic materials.
4) High-resolution solid-state techniques: magic angle spinning; high-power decoupling; cross polarization; 2D methods in solids.
5) Applications of solid-state NMR: glasses and other disordered materials; polymers; carbon materials; magnetic materials; other materials.
6) Laboratory activities involving solid-state NMR experiments.
- Duer, M. J. Introduction do solid state NMR spectroscopy. Blackwell Publishing, 2004.
- Gil, V. M. S.; Geraldes, C.F.G.C.; Ressonância Magnética Nuclear: Fundamentos, Métodos e Aplicações, Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian, 1987.
- Levitt, M. H. Spin dynamics. John Wiley & Sons, 2001.
- Slichter, C. P. Principles of Magnetic Resonance. Springer, 1996.
- Lists of problems.
- Students’ talks.
- Experimental activities (in the lab).